Another impulse buy CX500

Share any projects that you've undertaken, or modifications made to your bike.
rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:
Re: Another impulse buy CX500

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 29 Sep 2018, 22:50

Stumoores wrote:It’s a bit of a toy. No pedals and no chance of an mot !
Waste of a good burner too !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Rekon you wouldn’t be able to SVA it?

Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Stumoores » 29 Sep 2018, 23:09

Possibly but that whole vosa inspection thing is heavy going

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Revving the bollox off it since 1982

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 17 Oct 2018, 10:22

56113251874__7E614980-4971-4343-AE67-776761953142.JPG
mmmm cheap chingchong bits whoop :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Stumoores » 17 Oct 2018, 22:04

I bought the same strip tail LED but no the hoop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Revving the bollox off it since 1982

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 19 Oct 2018, 13:02

rumpoldstilskin wrote:
24 Sep 2018, 22:40
Stumoores wrote:I reckon the custom is raked out. I had to drop the fork sanctions through the yokes by about 25mm to get the bike to sit square. I can't find any pics of the R80. Your plan for yours sounds way more cool anyway ! My mates just finished a cub in the same colour scheme, pale green with beige seat cover and and matching saddle bag. The yellow taped headlamp sets it off nicely. Them balloon tyres are a must. Firestones would be my first choice but we struggle to get em over here so Avons at £200 for the pair !

I clocked them expensive firestones- i’d rather pay for a taxi than ride on them haha.

I bought this as a ‘GL500’ yet the frame accepts my CX Custom side panels and a Deluxe seat yet has the Custom tank.

All sounds a bit mish mash but should work.

If the head ankle is raked i’ll try and get it on a jig and re-angled, USD forks is a must, the eld ones look so weak.

Also looking to do a Honda NTV 650 swing arm conversion so i can run a mono rear shock and better wheel choices. Long term plan like as it’ll probably be expensive.
Erm, is that bevel box not on't wrong side?
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 20 Oct 2018, 10:51

Cabernet wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote:
Stumoores wrote:I reckon the custom is raked out. I had to drop the fork sanctions through the yokes by about 25mm to get the bike to sit square. I can't find any pics of the R80. Your plan for yours sounds way more cool anyway ! My mates just finished a cub in the same colour scheme, pale green with beige seat cover and and matching saddle bag. The yellow taped headlamp sets it off nicely. Them balloon tyres are a must. Firestones would be my first choice but we struggle to get em over here so Avons at £200 for the pair !

I clocked them expensive firestones- i’d rather pay for a taxi than ride on them haha.

I bought this as a ‘GL500’ yet the frame accepts my CX Custom side panels and a Deluxe seat yet has the Custom tank.

If the head ankle is raked i’ll try and get it on a jig and re-angled, USD forks is a must, the eld ones look so weak.

Also looking to do a Honda NTV 650 swing arm conversion so i can run a mono rear shock and better wheel choices. Long term plan like as it’ll probably be expensive.
Sure is, you simply flip it over and weld a new mono-shock bracket to the other-side and machine 2mm off the bevel box housing and it fits :)

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 17 Nov 2018, 01:26

Yay, pestering NOVA worked..... Image £55 for the 1st V5 registration fee and we’re away on an age related plate :)

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 17 Nov 2018, 07:03

rumpoldstilskin wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 10:51
Cabernet wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote:

Sure is, you simply flip it over and weld a new mono-shock bracket to the other-side and machine 2mm off the bevel box housing and it fits :)
Does the CX bevel box bolt on the NTV swing arm and align then? I presume all the splines mate as well and one or other on the drive shafts mate? Have you bought these yet? What do they cost?

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 18 Nov 2018, 00:22

Cabernet wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 10:51
Cabernet wrote: Erm, is that bevel box not on't wrong side?
Does the CX bevel box bolt on the NTV swing arm and align then? I presume all the splines mate as well and one or other on the drive shafts mate? Have you bought these yet? What do they cost?
All fully aligned yeah :) bought the NTV swing arm for £40, cx shaft fits inside it as its slightly shorter but fits the bevel fine.

The only thing i need to do is machine (eld angle grinder will suffice) a bit off the dust lip and thats it.

Need to sort my garage out first though- its a right state inside.

There is one done before; Image

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 18 Nov 2018, 06:23

Shame. Got a plastic less Deauville stolen recovered in the garage.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk