Honda CA95 project

Share any projects that you've undertaken, or modifications made to your bike.
rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:
Honda CA95 project

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 02 Jun 2017, 15:38

Its that time of year again when i have a wee drink and bid on something on ebay that i don't remember the next day.

Anywho- i won Image, sooooo here she is (1966 honda CA95)

ImageImage

And the plan, pffft. Either small capacity honda V twin, CR250 molestation or electric conversion :)

Watch this space

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:
Re: Honda CA95 project

Post by Clarkey » 03 Jun 2017, 22:06

rumpoldstilskin wrote:Its that time of year again when i have a wee drink and bid on something on ebay that i don't remember the next day.

ImageImage

And the plan, pffft. Either small capacity honda V twin, CR250 molestation or electric conversion :)

Watch this space
Please electric conversion... That'd be ace, and if so please do lots of pics and updates

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 03 Jun 2017, 23:57

Clarkey wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote:Its that time of year again when i have a wee drink and bid on something on ebay that i don't remember the next day.

ImageImage

Watch this space
Please electric conversion... That'd be ace, and if so please do lots of pics and updates

well i've found a motor but bugger me batteries are expensive :(

Looking for them solar storage ones as they are lightweight, high capacity and slower discharge if anyone knows a guy?

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 03 Jun 2017, 23:59

Imagepossibly a tear drop tank or keep the old one and use it as either a liquid store for the battery cooler or cut out its innards and hide the controller in there

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 04 Jun 2017, 00:12

When you're finished, feel free to make me one of these please... https://youtu.be/WMaI73hSv7I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 07 Jun 2017, 01:10

Clarkey wrote:When you're finished, feel free to make me one of these please... https://youtu.be/WMaI73hSv7I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ImageImage
Wheel, motors and controller sorted just not purchased- negotiating with a chinese bloke called Richard from the factory direct. Beat price so far is £1k delivered.

Expensive- yes. But......... look at the expected torque, which is instant and..... no chains to lose efficiency, all direct drive and brushless.

445 ft/lbs of torque, this might just rip itself apart but what a sight it will be. Richard said they can offer an upgrade to 10,000 watt motors running at 96V but the batteries would be too big.

Next job os to source capacitors to rub a 'lossless' style system that uses a smaller capacity battery setup to get the initial oomph with a small geared motor driving an old alternator from a small diesel car which would in turn be rectified to charge my batteries, overall efficiency if i can get the controller to work correctly and sort heat issues should be around the 70% mark. I will be very happy with that as cost to charge will be less than £1 and should see 50miles minimum on a charge.

Other possibility, if the conversion works, is to run the front motor as a generator or pay extra for a KERS system off the guy.

Best bit has been finding out i can keep the stock 16" wheel and upgrade to 4" wide rim meaning more funky tyres can be sourced.