sl falco turbo

Share any projects that you've undertaken, or modifications made to your bike.
Woody
VIP
Reactions:
Re: sl falco turbo

Post by Woody » 10 Jun 2015, 22:28

Yea if it's Oberon it defo won't be that, sounds like your onto it with the springs

Do they need to be so heavy? The stock ones take up to 145bhp before the clutch starts to slip so maybe just above stock?

Sent from a mystical space hopper.
Current - KTM SuperDuke 1290R
Past - Tuono Factory / Fireblade 929RR / Tuono1060R / SV650s2 / SV650s1 / Fazer6

ned
Reactions:

Post by ned » 10 Jun 2015, 22:42

Barnett do 2 sets of heavy springs. Obviously one set heavier than the other. I bought both and fitted the very heavy ones to guarantee no slippage on the dyno. I will see what happens with the softer ones on tomorrow.

ned
Reactions:

Post by ned » 08 Jul 2015, 21:01

Hey guys n girls.this project is still going strong only I've been gettin great advice from the AF1 aprilia forum owner on some tech hitches. It's nearing it's end now so if your interested go to AF1 forum on the sl falco turbo page for the full write up. There is some of it on rsv.net but I couldn't be arsed doing everything in triplicate

ned
Reactions:

Post by ned » 31 Jul 2015, 20:50

The falco turbo is done.
Took it to otc to get it mapped by pete alton. This guy is awesome. He spent 4 hours sorting the fueling out and his attention to detail is impressive to say the least he mapped the bike at a reduced rate cos he said he loves working on bikes that are a bit different.
The only issues on the dyno were the injectors maxed out at 100% duty cycle at full chat so we increased fuel pressure to deliver more fuel where needed. There was a small cooling issue cos it was a hot day so we gave the bike a few minutes to cool down after each power run.
It made 95lbs of torque at 8500 which is 9 more than a 2015 rsv4 factory so I am well happy with the power results .only 165 bhp but with a v twin it's all about the torque.it's a shame it's rained nearly every day for a week . Need to get it on the road and give it some. There is no lag whatsoever it builds boost from 4thou and majestic 8 psi at 10though so it pull like a fucker all the way to the limiter.

ned
Reactions:

Post by ned » 31 Jul 2015, 21:21

https://youtu.be/Atv3rbKe4Vc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Check out the dyno vid