Exhaust

Share any projects that you've undertaken, or modifications made to your bike.
Bradders
VIP
Reactions:
Exhaust

Post by Bradders » 30 May 2016, 14:04

What is the law on end cans and how loud they are?

I'm thinking of getting a Jardine for the Daytona they look great and they don't protrude out of the back to far and sound fantastic

The thing is that they are expensive and don't come with baffles so I don't want to buy one and get a ticket of our friendly boys in blue

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:
Re: Exhaust

Post by SMUDGER » 30 May 2016, 14:47

Don't stop lol

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 30 May 2016, 15:18

Any markings on it?
Bsi or ce no. ?
Never had a problem myself but at the end of the day noisy can or small plate is aways an easy way to get money out of you.
Personally it just for it and see how you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bradders
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Bradders » 30 May 2016, 16:24

I'm not sure about markings or anything like that. I'll have to have a proper look on the website

jimmytanko
Reactions:

Post by jimmytanko » 30 May 2016, 17:26

Get one of these bradders, cheap as chips, sounds ace and is slightly baffled so not offensive loudness

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301955924354" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my SO-01G using Tapatalk

Bradders
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Bradders » 30 May 2016, 23:04

jimmytanko wrote:Get one of these bradders, cheap as chips, sounds ace and is slightly baffled so not offensive loudness

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301955924354" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my SO-01G using Tapatalk
It won't look so nice sticking out from under the seat though..ok on the side of a bike

Bradders
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Bradders » 30 May 2016, 23:08

ImageImage

That's what I'm after pal...looks nice and clean and a brilliant sound

Dave
Reactions:

Post by Dave » 31 May 2016, 07:15

your V5 will show the amount of decibels that the bike can play legally…so if the can is over that …ticket ….

the NW wales cops and some times to N yorks force , use lay bus and pull over bikes for checks….they use a meter for reading decibels, so if you are over the prescribed limit…ticket!

if it stamped "Not for road use" erm…..thats two tickets !!!. one to pay a fine and the other to get it changed at an MOT station….if you put it back on after producing the " i have changed it ticket " .. and are pulled ...oh dear !!!

They look great and sound great but is it worth it ?? I think Triumphs sound superb with race cans on esp down the back straights of tracks …best sounding bikes out there

Lots of companies do them now with decibel killers in , so you get the look but not the noise
:

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 31 May 2016, 09:48

Looks smart that bradders.

I think id just fit it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bradders
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Bradders » 31 May 2016, 12:32

Dave wrote:your V5 will show the amount of decibels that the bike can play legally…so if the can is over that …ticket ….

the NW wales cops and some times to N yorks force , use lay bus and pull over bikes for checks….they use a meter for reading decibels, so if you are over the prescribed limit…ticket!

if it stamped "Not for road use" erm…..thats two tickets !!!. one to pay a fine and the other to get it changed at an MOT station….if you put it back on after producing the " i have changed it ticket " .. and are pulled ...oh dear !!!

They look great and sound great but is it worth it ?? I think Triumphs sound superb with race cans on esp down the back straights of tracks …best sounding bikes out there

Lots of companies do them now with decibel killers in , so you get the look but not the noise
Cheers dave I might just stick with getting an arrow can