Modifying my ankle

Share any projects that you've undertaken, or modifications made to your bike.
Pacuk
VIP
Reactions:
Re: Modifying my ankle

Post by Pacuk » 02 Apr 2015, 17:13

mozzersaints wrote:
Pacuk wrote:When I tripped on the poorly maintained diesel pumps at work and done my ligaments in I lost my attendance allowance and given a disciplinary for having a day off.. Image
Couldn't even get my boots on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats the kinda shit that forces people to claim
When I went to the union rep to ask if it was right he just said stick a claim in, had they not pissed me off I wouldn't have bothered..
And I might not be looking to leave after 10 years here..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 04 Apr 2015, 19:40

Bloody hell!!
That said I came off two years back in my works car park- bike just slid out sideways, both wheels went west and down I came into my knee.

They said well we're out in the sticks so you should expect it yet their policy said to provide safe access & egress to all to & from all sites.

Had to take time off as my ankle and knee where buggered and so was my bike.
Uni paid for the bike to be repaired () but work gave me a written warning over the days I had off and then put me on a zero hours contract.
When I complained they said due to the time off they had lost trust in me as an employee . Well done I said, crashed because of your shitty car park and had time off because of my injuries and now you're constructively dismissing me.

Had no legal protection and a barrister said I had less than 50% chance of successfully claiming against them.

I vow to always claim after that as cumulatively that and the off before is the reason I'll be penniless for 5 months whilst this opp happens unless I can find an office job whilst in the traction boot so I can pay my rent.

Angry-oh yes

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 30 Apr 2015, 22:14

mozzersaints wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote:
mozzersaints wrote:Iv got one the other weekImage
is that a tendon injury? Painful when you've had an OPP in that area as it always catches your boots.

You need to get yourself a snakes & ladders tattoo on it now.
Yeah mate.ruptured achillies,allmost better now.......hopefully
had your stitches out yet or dissolveable type? got my date, 27th May, just crossing my fingers that i an get some biking in before then as if not it'll be next year before i can ride again :(

mozzersaints
VIP
Reactions:

Post by mozzersaints » 01 May 2015, 07:00

Im back on me feet now, got the ok for the bike last week picking it up from carl sunday. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery for you fella
TO STRIVE,TO SEEK,TO FIND AND NOT TO YIELD

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 03 May 2015, 23:35

mozzersaints wrote:Im back on me feet now, got the ok for the bike last week picking it up from carl sunday. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery for you fella
cheers pal, got my last MRI on Tuesday so they can adjust the sizes for the replacement ankle, I think my surgery is at the end of the month.
I'd be more gutted at missing this summer but my Nelli still isn't running, may have to save for a CO analyser as no one has one to lend.