It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:42 pm


Honda CD-175 cafe racer

Share any projects that you've undertaken, or modifications made to your bike.
  • Author
  • Message
Offline
User avatar

rumpoldstilskin

VIP

  • Posts: 1510
  • Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:31 pm

Honda CD-175 cafe racer

PostWed Nov 18, 2015 9:23 am

As with the sale of my MV i have space again to work in things, so while waiting for paint on the Nelli and parts for the CX i thought i'd get the eld CD175 out from under the dust sheets, can't get the bugger to start though.

So made a start on the seat trying to match the tank line and get some idea of the rear cub:pillion seat cover placement.

Image

Thinking she might need either a new coil or a re-loom. Coil £20, loom custom home made job probably around £60 ffs
Offline
User avatar

rumpoldstilskin

VIP

  • Posts: 1510
  • Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:31 pm

Re: Honda CD-175 cafe racer

PostSat Nov 21, 2015 10:40 pm

Balls to sitting around on a saturday night watching shite factor and Simon Cowell in his high wasted pants.
I'm off in the man cave with a brew and a pack of power (biscuits) , tis amazing what you can achieve when angry at the TV.

Watch & enjoy


Hasn't been started since before 1980, don't know when)

Some fresh oil, battery and a home made short loom consisting of just 5 wires :)
And she started first time, only my camera fell over. Then, as you can see, i'd starved it of fuel in between .
Over the bloody moon though, i've been waiting 2 years to fiddle with her properly.

Now to sell or finish the build??
Offline

SMUDGER

VIP

  • Posts: 1324
  • Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:19 pm

Re: Honda CD-175 cafe racer

PostSat Nov 21, 2015 10:51 pm

Finish it

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk
Offline
User avatar

Stumoores

VIP

  • Posts: 675
  • Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:46 pm

Re: Honda CD-175 cafe racer

PostSun Nov 22, 2015 5:13 pm

+1 on the finish it. With your skills and a packet of Chocolate hobnobs, should be a breeze
Revving the bollox off it since 1982
Offline
User avatar

rumpoldstilskin

VIP

  • Posts: 1510
  • Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:31 pm

Re: Honda CD-175 cafe racer

PostSun Nov 22, 2015 5:51 pm

Stumoores wrote:+1 on the finish it. With your skills and a packet of Chocolate hobnobs, should be a breeze
haha cheers, well i started stitching the leather up and a delivery driver got to talking and ended up selling it to him. Makes no odds really as i have another CD175 in next doors garage, got a BOGOF when i picked that up.
Means i can crack on with custom exhausts now as i have the space.
I'll talk with you soon @Stumoores RE your CX one, just sourcing the correct grade SS to make the exhaust collars :)
Offline
User avatar

Stumoores

VIP

  • Posts: 675
  • Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:46 pm

Re: Honda CD-175 cafe racer

PostSun Nov 22, 2015 8:21 pm

I can get raw materials if you know the spec.
Revving the bollox off it since 1982
Offline

norifan

NWAA Supporter

NWAA Supporter

  • Posts: 545
  • Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 12:05 pm
  • Location: shaw

Re: Honda CD-175 cafe racer

PostThu Nov 26, 2015 11:06 am

rumpoldstilskin wrote:As with the sale of my MV i have space again to work in things, so while waiting for paint on the Nelli and parts for the CX i thought i'd get the eld CD175 out from under the dust sheets, can't get the bugger to start though.

So made a start on the seat trying to match the tank line and get some idea of the rear cub:pillion seat cover placement.

Image

Thinking she might need either a new coil or a re-loom. Coil £20, loom custom home made job probably around £60 ffs


Just bought miself a cb175, tidy original little thing.
Offline
User avatar

rumpoldstilskin

VIP

  • Posts: 1510
  • Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:31 pm

Re: Honda CD-175 cafe racer

PostThu Nov 26, 2015 12:03 pm

norifan wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote:As with the sale of my MV i have space again to work in things, so while waiting for paint on the Nelli and parts for the CX i thought i'd get the eld CD175 out from under the dust sheets, can't get the bugger to start though.

So made a start on the seat trying to match the tank line and get some idea of the rear cub:pillion seat cover placement.

Image

Thinking she might need either a new coil or a re-loom. Coil £20, loom custom home made job probably around £60 ffs


Just bought miself a cb175, tidy original little thing.
hard to find them CB175's, easy to mod though and so simple to work on them twin pots. If you need ewt just ask, found parts suppliers.
Offline

norifan

NWAA Supporter

NWAA Supporter

  • Posts: 545
  • Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 12:05 pm
  • Location: shaw

Re: Honda CD-175 cafe racer

PostThu Nov 26, 2015 12:54 pm

Cheers! Got a cb200 too, had it years keep buying NOS parts but never get round to finishing it, wouldn't mind but I never even liked the 200 back in the day.
Offline
User avatar

Dave

Moderator

  • Posts: 1345
  • Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:51 pm

Re: Honda CD-175 cafe racer

PostThu Nov 26, 2015 4:27 pm

I love hearing about you guys re-doing these little old hondas wish I had time to do something like this look forward to seeing pictures of completed bikes
:
Next

Return to Your Projects & Modifications

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests