Project A&E / OCD

Share any projects that you've undertaken, or modifications made to your bike.
CRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Project A&E / OCD

Post by CRM » 10 Nov 2015, 07:34

Ha ha, mate, that's only half. i keep far more elsewhere and rotate them every year.
Next year will see the NSR, RG and RVF stored, and the CRM's and Gullarm come back into service.
Upgrade your account to VIP status to enable the Signature feature.

CRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CRM » 11 Nov 2015, 19:58

And now the 03 bike also has an MOT
All i need to do now is apply for both to be registered and it's game on

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 12 Nov 2015, 21:06

Did your project condition RVF sell a few months back? Itching for another.

CRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CRM » 12 Nov 2015, 21:15

Yes mate, and one more since. i am now out of all project 400's.
i have been tasked with one more NC30 to do (rather do a 30 than 35) for a mate who cannot continue with it. that really will be my last ever 400 build.

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 14 Nov 2015, 23:00

CRM wrote:Yes mate, and one more since. i am now out of all project 400's.
i have been tasked with one more NC30 to do (rather do a 30 than 35) for a mate who cannot continue with it. that really will be my last ever 400 build.
oh nooooo :,(

Let me know if you here about a basket case RVF anytime

CRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CRM » 05 Dec 2015, 12:00

Well a slight update
As you may recall with both the 03 and 07 bikes i bought, both i got through the NOVA system and got the respective NOVA numbers, as such both went through the MOT process and passed, well i also applied for a couple of Dating certificates from the Yamaha Aircooled club (nearly £100) and applied for registrations for them both.
Sadly both applications where rejected for a couple of reasons (being picky i think) so i got 2 more dating certificates from another place (dvladavice.co.uk - £70) and reapplied using those - and today i got a new V5 though the post for the 03 bike so can only assume the 07 will follow this week

Boom - both CR's are now fully road legal

I also purchased another pair of supermoto wheels for reasonable money, so once i have new tyres fitted both bikes can be near identical spec.
I think i will end up using the 03 bike as the track day bike, and this will get the used recent wheels (in black) and the custom pipe and primaries, and the new 07 will likely only ever see light road use and be kept as a bit of a show pony in pristine new condition.

CRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CRM » 14 Dec 2015, 21:46

So the 07 bike is now fully built again and sat at the garage door waiting for the rain to fuck off.

The 03 bike needs some finishing like, new tyres, wheel spacers, chain and sprockets, bodykit, loom, head bearings and general fitting of everything up and taking apart, cleaning then final fit up.

Keep me occupied over the xmas break i think. Be nice to get them both out when it finally dries up and get some good pics of them.

Dyno print out of the 03 bike, not bad eh for something that weighs around mid 90's kilos

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 15 Dec 2015, 21:56

Very nice Paul. I'll offer my services to ride one of the CR's if you want them both out in exchange for a blast on any of my bikes :)

CRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CRM » 31 Dec 2015, 16:56

Well the 07 bike had it's first road outing.
Staying quite local for it's shakedown test and once warmed up it was fabulous to ride for a lumpy violent motocross bike.
So with around 15 miles under it's belt on public roads it's a nice feeling nothing has fell off or its shit itself.

However the 03 bike (identical bike) not all is well. some cheap head bearings and seals have given a tight steering feel and will need replacing again with genuine dust seals to avoid rub, also the black wheels i bought were actually from a Husqvarna and not a CRF as such the front will be fine with some minor spacing work, but the rear is not quite right. again with spacers and suitable dust seals alignment will be ok, but the problem lies with the rear disk. the husky item is 20mm smaller in diameter and as such only half the pad is making contact which is unacceptable. I may end up buying another set of new talon wheels to finish this. Another grand to get these 2 bikes finished, i could do without it really but the 03 will be the bike that's used in any kind of anger so it's got to be right.

Occams Razor
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Occams Razor » 31 Dec 2015, 20:25

It'll be worth it mate, those wheels look brilliant.