Fairing bolts

Having a bit of trouble? Maybe we can help.
Pacuk
VIP
Reactions:
Fairing bolts

Post by Pacuk » 27 Jul 2015, 16:08

im going to re wrap some parts on my bike and the fairing bolts are all looking a bit weathered, I've heard of pro bolt but does anyone know of anywhere else I could get them.. ( not cheap eBay ones )

Soviet
VIP
Reactions:
Re: Fairing bolts

Post by Soviet » 27 Jul 2015, 17:55

I don't know of a local fastener supplier but have bought stainless kit off Ebay before and it's been pretty good - if your fairing bolts are pretty much one size and say all have a domed head it's even easier and quite cheap to get a bag deal via the 'Bay - I have a small collection of various size stainless bolts from there - handy to have - the Pro-Bolt stainless gear is pricey but looks like it's been given a good polish before packing ...

Pacuk
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Pacuk » 27 Jul 2015, 18:14

Don't suppose you have the sellers name off eBay?? I find some stuff is ok then others its Chinese tat marked up as the sellers based in the UK..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave
Reactions:

Post by Dave » 27 Jul 2015, 21:37

pro bolt seem to be the market leader in this line….id stick with a reputable firm like those if i was you
:

Fronkey
Reactions:

Post by Fronkey » 28 Jul 2015, 08:21

I got a kit off eBay for my old R1 they might as well have sent me a box of nails and a tiny hammer - just shite.

It was from the us. The actual fairing kit from China was really good.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 14 Aug 2015, 23:43

Pacuk wrote:im going to re wrap some parts on my bike and the fairing bolts are all looking a bit weathered, I've heard of pro bolt but does anyone know of anywhere else I could get them.. ( not cheap eBay ones )
i have used my local hardware shop for year for stuff like this, Hampsons (i think its called) in st.helens mind (opposite st.helens central train station).
The guy is a tad autistic looking and can tell you what type of bolt, thread type, length, use etc just by looking at it or describing it. Cheap too, ie 10p each. Fairing etc- chrome steel/stainless
Exhausts- always mild steel or titanium (won't go brittle like stainless does)
I swear by them (even though i'm not sure what they are called haha)