engine knocking on crank up

Having a bit of trouble? Maybe we can help.
SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:
engine knocking on crank up

Post by SMUDGER » 11 Jul 2015, 17:23

ok so if anyone read my otherposts i think ive broke the bike,
so i got her started was running perfect and all of a sudden i got a volcanic blast of milky coffee through the engine breather i know this to be oil and water but i suspect this is due to when it was crashed/dropped whatever may of happened now i turned the bike off after a few minutes warming up so the clutch got some warm oil to help unsticking it, now sometimes when i try cranking over theres a violant banging and sometimes not but she wont fire up i beleave the not firing up due to getting creamy coffee in the carps and in the exhaust but theknocking i sometimes get what would suggestions say as whilst it was running there was no bang or signs of engine damage and the clutch kinda works now could the engine be bollocks if its banging sometimes and not banging or could it be clutch thats fooked.. as i say the bamging is like the plod knocking on your door or would the shite oil in it cause this

lee
Reactions:
Re: engine knocking on crank up

Post by lee » 11 Jul 2015, 18:04

Have you dropped the oil and fushed it a couple of times?

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 11 Jul 2015, 18:10

not at present lee, i will be dropping oil tomorrow to check for any metal parts do you think the banging could be due to the oil resembling a watery substance got a 84k engine in my ebay watch list just incase

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 11 Jul 2015, 18:33

You do know that coffee is water contaminated oil?
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 11 Jul 2015, 18:52

Cabernet wrote:You do know that coffee is water contaminated oil?
pop round ill make you a brew :lol:

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 11 Jul 2015, 19:05

Check coolant to see if that looks ok.
Could be a head gasket, water pump, dunno.
Did you keep running it after it belched out the kenco?

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 11 Jul 2015, 19:23

Not for long it was running great I just turned it off and started rocking it in gear to free clutch
Temp gauge barely lifted

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

Dooffle
Reactions:

Post by Dooffle » 11 Jul 2015, 21:18

Check the oil level. It's likely to be too high if there was water in the the engine. Especially as it pissed out the breather.
This will stop the motor turning due to pressure differential through the cylinders, and it won't start or run if the big ends are in the oil/water, they basically stop dead. This could be what the knock is.

Or the carbs are flooding into the cylinder which would hydraulic and you've bent a rod.

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 11 Jul 2015, 22:05

Dooffle wrote:Check the oil level. It's likely to be too high if there was water in the the engine. Especially as it pissed out the breather.
This will stop the motor turning due to pressure differential through the cylinders, and it won't start or run if the big ends are in the oil/water, they basically stop dead. This could be what the knock is.

Or the carbs are flooding into the cylinder which would hydraulic and you've bent a rod.
agreeing with Doofle on this one, hydro lock, bent valve stem or big/small end gone. Could even be a cam shaft bearing (if hydrolocked whilst running the forces involved can strip the threads on the cam shaft clamps)

I scratch my beard 'cos that is weird

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 11 Jul 2015, 23:32

It's one of those things got me confused going from running sweat to doing this no warning I'll do a oil flush in morn

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk