Ducati servicing

Having a bit of trouble? Maybe we can help.
User avatar
Loose Sprockets
Reactions:
Posts: 130
Joined: 29 Mar 2015, 17:33
Re: Ducati servicing

Post by Loose Sprockets » 08 Jun 2015, 21:46

jimmytanko wrote:Mines the opposite, it's really leaned over

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Really, has it got standard bar ends? A scratched engine casing ect? It my have just had to much weight on it at some point and its bent it. I may be wrong on this, but as far as I'm aware the 600 & 750 are the same frame ect, Pm me a photo of it and we can compare.
Our stands that is :roll:

User avatar
jimmytanko
Reactions:
Posts: 498
Joined: 30 Mar 2015, 10:47
Re: Ducati servicing

Post by jimmytanko » 09 Jun 2015, 16:02

Not sure what the standard bar ends are?
Here's a pic of the stand, not the best view.
20150609_061054_20150609_160153.jpg
20150609_061040_20150609_160212.jpg
Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Loose Sprockets
Reactions:
Posts: 130
Joined: 29 Mar 2015, 17:33
Re: Ducati servicing

Post by Loose Sprockets » 09 Jun 2015, 17:52

That's the standard one alright, same angle bend as well. It may just have a more extreme lean angle than the 600, or the wrong sized tyres....

User avatar
jimmytanko
Reactions:
Posts: 498
Joined: 30 Mar 2015, 10:47
Re: Ducati servicing

Post by jimmytanko » 09 Jun 2015, 18:19

Just ordered new boots for her, metzeler Z8's
Doing all the servicing tomorrow so hopefully should be all ready to roll by the weekend

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

User avatar
Loose Sprockets
Reactions:
Posts: 130
Joined: 29 Mar 2015, 17:33
Re: Ducati servicing

Post by Loose Sprockets » 09 Jun 2015, 18:25

jimmytanko wrote:Just ordered new boots for her, metzeler Z8's
Doing all the servicing tomorrow so hopefully should be all ready to roll by the weekend

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
I was all set to order the £88 service set when I saw in the fine print that its suitable for up to 97', mine is a 98' and that's the year that the belts change from square teeth to rounded, so my service kit is now £131, sods law! Loving he bike at the minute, she's covered nearly 600 miles in the past week and a bit! Time to tone it down I think.

User avatar
jimmytanko
Reactions:
Posts: 498
Joined: 30 Mar 2015, 10:47
Re: Ducati servicing

Post by jimmytanko » 09 Jun 2015, 18:26

Ah yeah saw the different prices for the years, guess I'm lucky it's cheaper for mine

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

User avatar
CRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Posts: 565
Joined: 12 Mar 2015, 09:52
Re: Ducati servicing

Post by CRM » 10 Jun 2015, 07:47

Soviet wrote:Bloody hell - owning a Ducati is complicated - serviced my CB1000R yesterday - oil & filter then adjust and lube chain - clean the bike ! - Honda - press and go !

I do like Ducatis but they do seem to need a lot of tlc
that they are, my 916 cost me more to maintain each year than the rest put together - however as a riders bike it is something else.
they also like to be used and not sat and polished for 10 months of the year too.
a well used ducati is very often a reliable ducati.

James, the stand bend is normal and it will snap one day. hunt down a cyclecat stand 1" longer than standard (i have one on my 916 after mine also decided enough was enough)

Servicing, belts are one thing and on a aircooled 600 they dont get much easier, shimming and clearances are something else.
Often a main dealer will check clearances and if withing tolerance leave them, however 3k later they could (and likely would be) well out.
a good independent will shim and optimize each check. mine are done every 2 years regardless of mileage same as belts.
oils and filters every 12 months
Upgrade your account to VIP status to enable the Signature feature.

User avatar
Loose Sprockets
Reactions:
Posts: 130
Joined: 29 Mar 2015, 17:33
Re: Ducati servicing

Post by Loose Sprockets » 10 Jun 2015, 10:30

CRM wrote:
Soviet wrote:Bloody hell - owning a Ducati is complicated - serviced my CB1000R yesterday - oil & filter then adjust and lube chain - clean the bike ! - Honda - press and go !

I do like Ducatis but they do seem to need a lot of tlc
that they are, my 916 cost me more to maintain each year than the rest put together - however as a riders bike it is something else.
they also like to be used and not sat and polished for 10 months of the year too.
a well used ducati is very often a reliable ducati.

James, the stand bend is normal and it will snap one day. hunt down a cyclecat stand 1" longer than standard (i have one on my 916 after mine also decided enough was enough)

Servicing, belts are one thing and on a aircooled 600 they dont get much easier, shimming and clearances are something else.
Often a main dealer will check clearances and if withing tolerance leave them, however 3k later they could (and likely would be) well out.
a good independent will shim and optimize each check. mine are done every 2 years regardless of mileage same as belts.
oils and filters every 12 months
And this is why I'm a jammy bastard for having a missus that can do valve clearance's....

User avatar
jimmytanko
Reactions:
Posts: 498
Joined: 30 Mar 2015, 10:47
Re: Ducati servicing

Post by jimmytanko » 10 Jun 2015, 17:27

Loose Sprockets wrote:
CRM wrote:
Soviet wrote:Bloody hell - owning a Ducati is complicated - serviced my CB1000R yesterday - oil & filter then adjust and lube chain - clean the bike ! - Honda - press and go !

I do like Ducatis but they do seem to need a lot of tlc
that they are, my 916 cost me more to maintain each year than the rest put together - however as a riders bike it is something else.
they also like to be used and not sat and polished for 10 months of the year too.
a well used ducati is very often a reliable ducati.

James, the stand bend is normal and it will snap one day. hunt down a cyclecat stand 1" longer than standard (i have one on my 916 after mine also decided enough was enough)

Servicing, belts are one thing and on a aircooled 600 they dont get much easier, shimming and clearances are something else.
Often a main dealer will check clearances and if withing tolerance leave them, however 3k later they could (and likely would be) well out.
a good independent will shim and optimize each check. mine are done every 2 years regardless of mileage same as belts.
oils and filters every 12 months
And this is why I'm a jammy bastard for having a missus that can do valve clearance's....
Might let her do mine too if she wants the practice haha.
Just done the belts and a service on it today using Wills garage.
And managed to ride it home so it must have worked.
Was actually fairly simple to do, the hardest part was getting one of the covers out from behind the frame!
So fresh oil and filter and spark plugs.
And new belts all done.
Hopefully tyres will turn up by Friday so I can get them sorted sat maybe.


Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk


Post Reply