Running shit

Having a bit of trouble? Maybe we can help.
Supermoto tard
Reactions:
Running shit

Post by Supermoto tard » 06 Mar 2017, 13:28

Hi everyone I'm no mechanic so I'm clueless. I have a aprilia mx 125 and I got it cheap because it needed a little work like plastics and other bits. i started it with no cleaning and it smoked it's back side off and run like shit so I drained the petrol and put fresh in with pre mix of oil. New spark plug. Air filter is nice and clean. Nearly got it going with the kick start but didn't so had to bump it. Once running it don't smoke it's ass off that much now but still running crap ish. Would I need to mess about with the idle screw to get it running better?

johnnyrotten13
Reactions:
Re: Running shit

Post by johnnyrotten13 » 18 Mar 2017, 21:39

hello mate have you cleaned the carb and jets? as they maybe blocked.

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 19 Mar 2017, 11:58

What he said, timing maybe off to. Cheap bikes always come.with issues, possibly had its arse handed to it by the last owner. Aprillia 2 stroke engines are renouned too have weak con rods and pistons too so might be worth a top end rebuild. Circa £90 DIY

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

norifan
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by norifan » 21 Mar 2017, 12:06

When my lad had his RS125 we had loads of problems with the powervalve within a matter of months from it being new, I ended up replacing it myself, can't recall why now as it was under warranty, but after a few months it was as bad again. It used to lose power and struggle to rev, the bike was only 9 months old when he wrote it off so it was pretty much throughout its life. Not sure if it's the same engine in yours.

norifan
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by norifan » 21 Mar 2017, 12:31

Silly question but why premix? Is it not injected