air compressor

Having a bit of trouble? Maybe we can help.
Dave
Reactions:
air compressor

Post by Dave » 12 May 2016, 20:31

Hi Guys any one got an Air compressor at home ? any recommendations ?

Im only looking at getting a smallish one ,will be only used for inflating the tyres, I've done some research and I think something around a 25 litre tank will do ..anything to big will take an age to build up pressure, but if its too small the motor works over time and it cuts out waiting for the pressure to build before giving you a few more seconds of air !

any info would be useful cheers
:

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: air compressor

Post by Cabernet » 12 May 2016, 21:53

You're right, but it is worth having an second tank for those big jobs.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

Dave
Reactions:

Post by Dave » 13 May 2016, 07:18

Thanks Kev , have looked at a bigger tank , 50 l , a guy up the road has one , uses it for blowing water off the bike and spraying etc ! Don't think I need to do that so just sticking with tyre inflation at present ....never say never though
:

Marco
Reactions:

Post by Marco » 13 May 2016, 07:25

I have a 50L one and it's good for getting the front sprocket bolt off as it's not continues pressure so it basically rattles it off got mine from aldi like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 13 May 2016, 12:59

I had cheapo from aldi only thing it struggled with was impact driver blowing tyres uo was a breeze

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Dave
Reactions:

Post by Dave » 13 May 2016, 18:27

thanks Lads ..heard some good reports about the Aldi stuff..might do what i need so will try source one thanks again
:

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 13 May 2016, 19:50

Dave wrote:thanks Lads ..heard some good reports about the Aldi stuff..might do what i need so will try source one thanks again
It did good spraying lol

May be giving mine away unsure

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 24 May 2016, 15:02

I had the Aldi one and used it for year Faultlessly, sprayed 3 cars and some bike with it too, granted i had to buy a line cleaner, dehumidifier and separate oil line for air tools but it was great.
Upgraded to a 3 phase compressor last time i had one with a 150lt tank which was perfect for everything just cost a lot in the end with fitting a new electric feed etc.

Most 50lt tanks should be fine for what you need, as Smudger said the Aldi 25lt one will struggle on an impact driver due to its smaller capacity, my current one struggles with an air sander (both from Aldi) the pressure drops off too quickly and the rpm on the sander drops by almost 75% until the tank pressure is back up.

Machine Mart used to sell decent 50lt ones but i haven't seen a Machine Mart shop for years!

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 24 May 2016, 15:05

rumpoldstilskin wrote:I had the Aldi one and used it for year Faultlessly, sprayed 3 cars and some bike with it too, granted i had to buy a line cleaner, dehumidifier and separate oil line for air tools but it was great.
Upgraded to a 3 phase compressor last time i had one with a 150lt tank which was perfect for everything just cost a lot in the end with fitting a new electric feed etc.

Most 50lt tanks should be fine for what you need, as Smudger said the Aldi 25lt one will struggle on an impact driver due to its smaller capacity, my current one struggles with an air sander (both from Aldi) the pressure drops off too quickly and the rpm on the sander drops by almost 75% until the tank pressure is back up.

Machine Mart used to sell decent 50lt ones but i haven't seen a Machine Mart shop for years!
There's a machine mart in bolton facing trainstation

Dave
Reactions:

Post by Dave » 24 May 2016, 17:52

thanks Rump

theres a big machine Mart shop in preston round the corner from where Hein Gerike was,,,hoping to pop down there in the next week or so to check them out. Done some research on the models they have ...
: