YBR125 Problem

Having a bit of trouble? Maybe we can help.
MC900
Reactions:
YBR125 Problem

Post by MC900 » 28 Dec 2015, 16:38

Hi guys. Yesterday I tried starting my bike and it wouldn't have it. Eventually after me putting it in gear and clutch in it started. This was a coincidence though because after filling up at a petrol station it wouldn't start again in gear or neutral.

This problem doesnt happen all the time, it can go weeks without happening or happen once then start the 2nd time. It doesnt seem to be weather/temp related as it happens when cold or hot starting.

Ive had this problem for a while along with another problem which is probably related. My bike would cut out and not start, or if it did start it would cut out couple of seconds down the road and struggle to start again. I recently had the fuel injector cleaned and my bike started running after being unable to get it going for a few days, but the bike still sometimes struggles to start and still cuts out mostly when first starting it up from cold.

Things ive done to the bike.

Replaced spark plug
Had fuel injector cleaned
Had neutral switch replaced because that broke

I have took the bike to 2 garages and none of them know what is wrong with the bike. The first garage reckons it is the piston rings worn out (a few other mechanics including the 2nd garage told me that its definitely not that). The 2nd garage couldnt find any problems with the bike, the mechanic had a test ride and it cut out on him but he didnt know what it was and told me to take it to a main dealer if it keeps happening.

If anyone can help with this problem it would be greatly appreciated because its ongoing and pissing me off ;p. I have a video of today when it struggled to start, maybe it will help. Cheers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-bzf4RMzsM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pacuk
VIP
Reactions:
Re: YBR125 Problem

Post by Pacuk » 28 Dec 2015, 18:39

The Cbf 125 had similar problems I believe and many owners fitted an in line fuel filter..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dooffle
Reactions:

Post by Dooffle » 30 Dec 2015, 20:44

Remove and clean the fuel pump and fit a filter to the feed hose. It could be a build up of water in the pump.
When you refit run the pump with the feed attached till fuel comes out, then fit the hose to the injector.

As Pacuk say's the CBF125 had a similar problem. And this is how I sorted my lads out. Not a problem since.

MC900
Reactions:

Post by MC900 » 30 Dec 2015, 20:57

Dooffle wrote:Remove and clean the fuel pump and fit a filter to the feed hose. It could be a build up of water in the pump.
When you refit run the pump with the feed attached till fuel comes out, then fit the hose to the injector.

As Pacuk say's the CBF125 had a similar problem. And this is how I sorted my lads out. Not a problem since.
How hard is it to get to the fuel pump and do all that? Also what filter do I need to fit? Cheers for the help.

bloke
Reactions:

Post by bloke » 30 Dec 2015, 20:59

try setting fire to it, this sometimes helps.

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 30 Dec 2015, 22:14

Does it have a safety cutout on the side stand or anything? Maybe water has got into that? It's a guess, but I've heard similar problems on other bikes due to that

Sorry if I'm way off though

Live Forever or Die Trying

MC900
Reactions:

Post by MC900 » 30 Dec 2015, 23:11

Clarkey wrote:Does it have a safety cutout on the side stand or anything? Maybe water has got into that? It's a guess, but I've heard similar problems on other bikes due to that

Yea it has one, ive sprayed it with gt85 and cleaned it.

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 30 Dec 2015, 23:12

MC900 wrote:
Clarkey wrote:Does it have a safety cutout on the side stand or anything? Maybe water has got into that? It's a guess, but I've heard similar problems on other bikes due to that

Yea it has one, ive sprayed it with gt85 and cleaned it.
Would it be possible to bypass it temporarily to see if that fixes it?

Dooffle
Reactions:

Post by Dooffle » 31 Dec 2015, 22:42

MC900 wrote:
Dooffle wrote:Remove and clean the fuel pump and fit a filter to the feed hose. It could be a build up of water in the pump.

How hard is it to get to the fuel pump and do all that? Also what filter do I need to fit? Cheers for the help.
Depends on how competent you are.
But it is fairly easy to do yourself, smaller bikes can be a bit cramped for room. Check the inner diameter of the fuel hose and get an inline filter with the same dimension inlet and outlet pipe.
Plenty about and easy to get hold of.

connorjardine
Reactions:

Post by connorjardine » 01 Jan 2016, 01:29

Just a quick update on this I found a cable that went into the ECU it had been badly repaired so they crimped it and wrapped it loosely in tape. My cousin being a sparky has sorted it all out for me recrimped it properly and wrapped it all up correctly for me :) starts first time every time now not had any problems :)

Thanks for any messages

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk