YBR HEADLIGHT AND GEARS

Having a bit of trouble? Maybe we can help.
connorjardine
Reactions:
YBR HEADLIGHT AND GEARS

Post by connorjardine » 04 Dec 2015, 22:19

Just got a couple of things that have been annoying me slightly but not affecting me that much. The headlight Bulb keeps blowing I've had two since I bought it. I understand this might be a loose wire or bad connections which I plan on doing when I've got a free day. Do you think I'm right on that or is it something more?

Also when riding the bike it drops out of 2nd into Neutral, I'm just wondering weather this is the clutch adjustment or if the slightest tap off my foot is doing this, not yet figured that bit out yet haha.

My main problem is the bulb but should it be dropping into Neutral that easy.

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:
Re: YBR HEADLIGHT AND GEARS

Post by SMUDGER » 04 Dec 2015, 22:37

Jumping out of second I'm going to presume a faulty gear box I know the thundercat was a common problem with this

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 04 Dec 2015, 23:25

Try a different lever position or move your ass backward on the saddle. This to give you a more positive click in to second.

Lights, check you battery is fully topped and the correct specification.
Last edited by Cabernet on 06 Dec 2015, 13:36, edited 1 time in total.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

connorjardine
Reactions:

Post by connorjardine » 04 Dec 2015, 23:44

I'll check that, is it possible the rectifier is charging too much bowing the bulb and apparently the gearbox thing is common in the ybr. That's a bit shit haha

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 05 Dec 2015, 00:08

Second gear is over rated lol

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Dooffle
Reactions:

Post by Dooffle » 06 Dec 2015, 12:08

Headlight, if it's blowing regularly it could be an earth fault, earthing onto the cowling. Check all the insulation around the wiring and bulb holder. Also check for water ingress should show up as green fur on connectors.
The problem could also be down to vibration, if the light rattles about the frequency of the vibration will cause the bulb to blow. Put the bulb in and tap the light see if the bulb moves about.
Usually a bit of rubber packing or some silicon can cure it.

For the gear change check the gear lever moves freely up wards it could just be dry and need some lubrication. Sod it lubricate all the gear shift mechanism with oil then spray grease over the joints. Check for excess play in all the joints.

connorjardine
Reactions:

Post by connorjardine » 06 Dec 2015, 18:20

Dooffle wrote:Headlight, if it's blowing regularly it could be an earth fault, earthing onto the cowling. Check all the insulation around the wiring and bulb holder. Also check for water ingress should show up as green fur on connectors.
The problem could also be down to vibration, if the light rattles about the frequency of the vibration will cause the bulb to blow. Put the bulb in and tap the light see if the bulb moves about.
Usually a bit of rubber packing or some silicon can cure it.

For the gear change check the gear lever moves freely up wards it could just be dry and need some lubrication. Sod it lubricate all the gear shift mechanism with oil then spray grease over the joints. Check for excess play in all the joints.
Many thanks I'll have a little look tomorrow :)

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk