Been having a few issues.

Having a bit of trouble? Maybe we can help.
connorjardine
Reactions:
Been having a few issues.

Post by connorjardine » 20 Oct 2015, 22:50

So first of all my bike broke down last Friday, its a Yamaha ybr 125 2009 plate.

Basically it was just cutting out when I eased of the revs, I got an error code on the engine management light which was 3 slow flashes and 3 fast flashes. That pointed towards an ignition error apparantley. So after a little bit of investigation I found a loose wire coming from the alternator it was blue if that helps. Also the gasket on the alternator was screwed, so I sorted that while I was there.

Once I sorted that I started getting another error which was 1 slow flash and 9 fast flashes. This one is apparently a common error with moisture in the ignition barrel so I got some switch cleaner for that today and gave it a good spray!

Now I think I have covered everything thats within my knowledge to check anymore advice on these errors?

Appreciate any replies :)

allannorman
Reactions:
Re: Been having a few issues.

Post by allannorman » 21 Oct 2015, 00:17

Has it stopped cutting out, and did you clear the errors codes

if not could be the coil, if you've got an multi-meter, could try a resistance test

With error codes, it doesn't show exactly whats wrong, just the general area

connorjardine
Reactions:

Post by connorjardine » 21 Oct 2015, 07:49

It hasn't cut out since finding the loose wire but sometimes struggles to start hence the ignition barrel getting attention.

Everything does seem fine on it now but was just wanting a second opinion and no I don't have a multimeter I'm afraid.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Loose Sprockets
Reactions:

Post by Loose Sprockets » 22 Oct 2015, 08:42

connorjardine wrote:It hasn't cut out since finding the loose wire but sometimes struggles to start hence the ignition barrel getting attention.

Everything does seem fine on it now but was just wanting a second opinion and no I don't have a multimeter I'm afraid.

Where in Liverpool are you? I'm there most days and also happen to have a multimeter.

connorjardine
Reactions:

Post by connorjardine » 22 Oct 2015, 08:43

Loose Sprockets wrote:
connorjardine wrote:It hasn't cut out since finding the loose wire but sometimes struggles to start hence the ignition barrel getting attention.

Where in Liverpool are you? I'm there most days and also happen to have a multimeter.
I'm in litherland, I haven't had any problems since I was on it all day yesterday and it seemed fine :)

Loose Sprockets
Reactions:

Post by Loose Sprockets » 22 Oct 2015, 08:51

connorjardine wrote:
Loose Sprockets wrote:

I'm in litherland, I haven't had any problems since I was on it all day yesterday and it seemed fine :)

Hopefully it stays that way!

connorjardine
Reactions:

Post by connorjardine » 22 Oct 2015, 08:55

Loose Sprockets wrote:
connorjardine wrote:
Loose Sprockets wrote: Where in Liverpool are you? I'm there most days and also happen to have a multimeter.

Hopefully it stays that way!
Hopefully but thanks for the offer, if you don't mind I'll keep that in mind :)