Chain replacement.

Having a bit of trouble? Maybe we can help.
Fronkey
Reactions:
Re: Chain replacement.

Post by Fronkey » 04 Oct 2015, 09:47

Don't split the chain until you have undone the front sprocket nut.

If it's really tight you can chock the back wheel and lock the drive shaft in place whilst you undo it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

keith powell
VIP
Reactions:

Post by keith powell » 04 Oct 2015, 10:16

Cabernet wrote:Just make sure the fishy swims in the direction the chain travels.
If you don't get this ffs ask.
I do get that. The clip opens away from the direction of travel. :) so it can't be flipped off.

sent from somewhere in the uk

Dooffle
Reactions:

Post by Dooffle » 04 Oct 2015, 11:34

Fronkey wrote:Don't split the chain until you have undone the front sprocket nut.

If it's really tight you can chock the back wheel and lock the drive shaft in place whilst you undo it.

Why would you need to change the chain if you have a drive shaft? :lol: ;)

Fronkey
Reactions:

Post by Fronkey » 04 Oct 2015, 11:43

The drive shaft from the engine to the front sprocket.

I'm saying nothing cause if you weren't being sarcastic you need to beat yourself throughly

keith powell
VIP
Reactions:

Post by keith powell » 04 Oct 2015, 21:01

Didn't the chain replacement but not the sprockets. 1. Didn't know about them and 2. John didn't say what you did and he knows about them as he sells them. It's not in don't trust you but if hes didn't want to sell them to me then there's a good chance they might be ok. They looked ok. Plus if I'm wrong. Then I'll have to get a new chain and sprockets and go through the Whole thing again. So. Did the chain. Aligned it best I think it could be done. Seems ok. Took it for a spin. Still here. Woohoo

Dooffle
Reactions:

Post by Dooffle » 04 Oct 2015, 21:53

Fronkey wrote:The drive shaft from the engine to the front sprocket.

I'm saying nothing cause if you weren't being sarcastic you need to beat yourself throughly

So that would be the lay shaft then. :D

Lowest form of wit, I don't wink at everyone.

But I shall still whip myself with a piece of soggy celery. :mrgreen:

keith powell
VIP
Reactions:

Post by keith powell » 05 Oct 2015, 21:02

Update: Been to see John. He says that yes, he would ordinarily recommend replacing the sprockets but in this case it's a 125 and the chain costs 30 quid not the usual ton plus a bigger bike would cost. Plus I'm pleased as it might have been a bigger job for me at this time. However having done it now it would not scare me. In fact I enjoyed it. I do notice a difference. I can see tcat changing a sprocket might not be so thing I'd refuse in future either. The back brakes are at this stage a bit scary tho. lol. bit by bit. Ty guys for the great advise and I promise next time it's sprockets too. :)

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:
Chain replacement.

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 13 Oct 2015, 01:39

keith powell wrote:Update: Been to see John. He says that yes, he would ordinarily recommend replacing the sprockets but in this case it's a 125 and the chain costs 30 quid not the usual ton plus a bigger bike would cost. Plus I'm pleased as it might have been a bigger job for me at this time. However having done it now it would not scare me. In fact I enjoyed it. I do notice a difference. I can see tcat changing a sprocket might not be so thing I'd refuse in future either. The back brakes are at this stage a bit scary tho. lol. bit by bit. Ty guys for the great advise and I promise next time it's sprockets too. :)

a spell checker might help too Image

keith powell
VIP
Reactions:

Post by keith powell » 13 Oct 2015, 06:40

rumpoldstilskin wrote:
keith powell wrote:Update: Been to see John. He says that yes, he would ordinarily recommend replacing the sprockets but in this case it's a 125 and the chain costs 30 quid not the usual ton plus a bigger bike would cost. Plus I'm pleased as it might have been a bigger job for me at this time. However having done it now it would not scare me. In fact I enjoyed it. I do notice a difference. I can see tcat changing a sprocket might not be so thing I'd refuse in future either. The back brakes are at this stage a bit scary tho. lol. bit by bit. Ty guys for the great advise and I promise next time it's sprockets too. :)

a spell checker might help too Image
It must be hard to be perfect. :)

keith powell
VIP
Reactions:

Post by keith powell » 14 Oct 2015, 12:25

spellchecked:

"Update: Been to see John. He says that yes, he would ordinarily recommend replacing the sprockets but in this case it's a 125 and the chain costs 30 quid not the usual ton plus a bigger bike would cost. Plus I'm pleased as it might have been a bigger job for me at this time. However having done it now, it would not scare in future. In fact I enjoyed it. I do notice a difference. I can see that changing a sprocket might not be so thing I'd refuse in future either. The back brakes are at this stage a bit scary though. Lol. Bit by bit. Ty guys for the great advice and I promise next time its sprockets too."

Ty all, :)